Science ATL’s STEM Professional School Partnership (SPSP) program cultivates strong, impactful, and sustainable partnerships between diverse STEM professionals and K-12 schools. The ultimate goal of these partnerships is to enhance access to STEM learning resources and careers for students from groups underrepresented in the STEM fields. In 2022-2023, the program will match 50 STEM professionals to 50 K-12 schools in Atlanta for a year of monthly interactions, reaching 7500 students.
SPSP is made possible through corporate sponsorship and individual donations.
Special thanks to presenting sponsor, NCR Foundation!
Each participating STEM professional will be paired with a K-12 educator to initiate 8 interactions over the course of the upcoming school year. Together, the partners will become Catalysts – enabling reactions that might not otherwise have taken place – to expand STEM opportunities for students and provide real-world support for classrooms. Each partnership has the opportunity to apply for a minigrant to support partnership activities. Applications are open through August 15, 2022. See below.
- August 15 – Applications due
- August 20 – Applicants selected and notified
- August 22 – Virtual Information Session for selected applicants (6pm-7pm)
- October 1- In Person Kickoff and Training Session (9am-4pm, attendance is mandatory)
- October – Partnership Check-In Call (both partners and program manager)
- December – Mid-year Survey due, minigrant applications due
- January 19 – Virtual Webinar (6pm-7pm) (attendance is mandatory)
- February – Partnership Check-In Call (both partners and program manager)
- May 13 – In Person Closing Ceremony (1pm-4pm, TBD)
- May – End-of-year Survey due
All STEM professionals and educators are required to:
- Attend required evening events:
- In Person Kickoff and Training Session to complete Needs Assessment, Asset Maps, and set two Partnership Goals.
- SPSP Webinars (Jan 19, 6:00-7:00pm)
- Closing Ceremony (May 13, 1:00-4:00pm)
- Commit approximately 4 hours per month from September to May to plan, implement, document, and reflect on monthly classroom or virtual engagements. These hours include regular monthly planning/reflection calls with your partner.
- Communicate effectively and regularly with your partner.
- Submit brief monthly activity reports and mid- and end-of-year surveys.
- Participate in a Partnership Check-In Call (you, your partner, and the SPSP program manager) once per semester.