Think like a scientist. But first, know the process.
In the age of information, it is important to be able to discern fact from fiction. This talk is aimed to demystify and decode complex concepts in biomedical science, through the layperson’s lens. By the end of this talk, participants will understand what biomedical research is, and how scientists within the field use the scientific method to answer health-related problems. Participants will also walk through types of scientific resources, to help individuals make safer and smarter choices when it comes to the intake and relaying of information.
– This Atlanta Science Tavern event is a production of Science for Georgia.
– It is free and open to the public.
– Seating is on a first-come basis.
– RSVPs are not required to attend nor do they reserve seats.
– Doors open at 6:30 pm for early arrival and dining.
– A food truck will be available- Tres Jardines, a Mexican food truck.
– The evening’s presentation gets under way around 7:15.