GOAL: To design and build a bridge type structure in one of two categories: Toothpick Category and Open-Materials Category. After entrants have designed and built their bridges, they can either attend the in-person event or, optionally, drop off their bridges for testing and we will test them to see how well they work. The Event will be broadcast live on the web.
ENTRANTS: Open to all. Students, parents, sponsoring engineers, and teachers are welcome to submit bridges! Each entrant will receive a certificate with the results of the bridge test, and other interesting stuff. We hope that this event will introduce students to careers in engineering.
ADMISSION: FREE to all.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
1. Click here to register: Registration Form.
2. Review the competition rules and bridge specifications.
3. Learn how to build a bridge by reading this tutorial and watching this video.
4. Build your bridge!
5. If you don’t want to attend the in-person event, you can drop off your bridge at the no-contact drop-off location in front of the B11 Building between 11:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m., immediately before the event on February 25th. Make sure to take photos of your bridge (The bridges will not be returned to you since they will be tested to failure). The first 100 participants will receive free T-shirts!
6. A certificate with the results of the bridge test will be emailed to you.